Tuesday, December 20, 2005

(More from the past: The Aliens's famous "Dr. Amar Budarapu" email) RE: There will be NO K at K's this R

Although not well marketed, last night was "Bring Your Kid to Work Day"at Karol's. Since drinking is a full-time job for most Karol's patrons, you can imagine the number of "kids" there - kids who could easily pass as brothers, sisters, or cousins of their own parents. Jimmy, Jr. was there - beer in hand, happy to be back behind the bar. Little BikerBouncer was there - he must have been at least thirty. Same beard, still needed to work on building out his gut.

I was pretty sure they weren't going to let Alec in without a bit of "disguising." So I fitted him with the fake beard ("Daddy, it's so scratchy") and outfitted him with appropriate ID (Dr. Amar Budarapu, 37 yrs old). He looked good, albeit a little short at 3 ft. tall.

Biker Bouncer gave us the once-over, put his glasses on to re-check the birthdate, and let us pass. I wasn't so sure that he would, since the picture was a rough resemblance of Alec, but thank goodness it gave us the opportunity to spend some quality father-son time together.

I'm not going to go into all the details, but let's just say that Alec - or should I call him Dr. Alec? - now has a new godfather: Biker Bouncer. He mentioned that he wants to get a "hog" but I'm not sure I understand what that means. Chris pointed out that it's nice that Alec will finally have a male role model in his life. I couldn't agree more. I just hope that I don't lose him to the cutthroat back-of-the-trunk-lingerie-sales-to-nudist-colonists industry. It's easy to get caught up in the high-flying fame and fortune that comes with setting up a business at an Indiana gas station. I'll need to make
sure it doesn't affect his kindergarten studies.

Btw, Shaida doesn't know anything about this, so let's keep this between
us.
Bookmark and share bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home