Tuesday, December 20, 2005

(Blast from the Past 5/15/05) A burly presence at my shoulder OR not the time to show ignorance or fear

Quiet night. Carol was there, but seemed to be in a blue funk... so not a factor on this night.

Highlight might have been an event that features BikerBouncer. Since The Alien was absent, I guess it fell on me to be BikerBouncer's "buddy".... I am minding my own business and suddenly feel a burly presence at my shoulder in my "personal space"... I turn to a face full of BikerBouncer... He was obviously proud and excited about the Polaroids he was gingerly slipping from his wallet, but before offering them he asked me, "Wanna see my birthday present?". I hesitate and respond, "I don't know.... do I?" He brushes that aside and pulls out two pictures of what appeared to me to be a 2005 Road King Classic... I said, "Wow... that's a hard-tail, right?" (basically the only thing I knew for sure that could be said to describe a Harley-Davidson - then was not the time to show ignorance or fear). He takes delivery of this bike this weekend. It will be placed immediately in storage. He went on to tell me he was going on "vacation" next week... telling no one where he is going... renting a car to drive... paying for everything in cash... I guess, for BikerBouncer, leaving town on the lamb is a vacation.

There were a couple of regulars... Joanne and a 3-fer from Droopy Dog. Big night for Droopy... I almost booed when some drama major did a song in a really showy way Droopy had already done (DON'T IT MAKE YOUR BROWN EYES BLUE).

THE LINE UP

The Alien:
Joe: THE MIDDLE by JIMMY EAT WORLD (Joe chose to sit this one IN)
Rhonda: DEVIL WENT DOWN TO GEORGIA (The Devil has been absent from Georgia way too long)
Lisap: HELP!, I AM THE WALRUS (Reasserting herself as the definitive Beatles interpreter at K)
Chris: I MELT WITH YOU, TURNING JAPANESE

Bookmark and share bookmark and share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home