Friday, May 06, 2011

Happy Birthday

We had a wonderful Birthday Celebration last night @ K's for K on R. Wonderful in a K kind of way. If "creepy" + "lecturous" +"old" + "drunken" >= "wonderful" then wonderful it was.

It was R's birthday and she said some very nice things that reminded me what a treat and privilege it is to know her.

Normally, I feel like the farm hands from Wizard of Oz - I am happy just to be invited in the house to stand in the back of the room awkwardly holding my hat and paying my respects.

It is gravy to also be included in the happy swirl of all the friends and goings on and for sweet things being said to remind me of the value of friendship.

I just will say, "Happy Birthday" , but I am really saying "thank you" for all the years of fun and friendship.
Bookmark and share bookmark and share

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark said...

Hear hear! Well said.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

true enough - I feel like I made some new friends last night, although one of those "friends" was rubbing up against me like a cat on a scratching post

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home